Once kids learn shapes, we can play in many ways with them. We can play like matching shapes with real time objects or replicating a given pattern with shapes. In this activity I have created a house with four windows and each window holds a shape. I have also created some patterns which Miss M need to follow and cover the window of the house.
Make your own pattern
- shapes peg puzzle
- coloured pens
- Cello tape
- Choose four shapes your child is familiar with. The simplest ones include circle, square, rectangle, triangle.
- Draw different patterns by arranging them in different ways. Make sure to keep the colour same as of the wooden shape puzzle. Secure it with the help of cello tape.
- Make a house with the help of cardboard and colour it with your choice to give it look of a house.
- Cut the four windows of the house to place shapes in it.
- Make sure that the wooden puzzle fits in that window.
- Choose a pattern and ask your kid to replicate that.
- You can use words like “top left”, “top right”, “bottom left”, “bottom right” for better instructions
- Kids are learning cognitive skills as they are replicating a pattern.
- They are learning colours as the shapes are of various colours.
- Shape recognitions gets better.
- Language development as we instruct them about the area of the house.
Do try this fun activity, and let us know in comment section. Happy playing..!!