One day when Miss M was busy playing her doctor set, I thought why not make an activity which will be a practical skill and she can relate it to her play.
In this simple activity I made some bruises on boy’s body and made same symbols on the bandage (masking tape). I told miss M that the boy has got hurt and you need to apply bandage. This activity added to her pretend play and she enjoyed a lot.
Make your pattern matching activity
- masking tape
- Draw a boy figure on a paper.
- Draw some symbols on boy’s body as bruises.
- Draw the same symbols on the masking tape which will act like the bandage.
- Ask your kid to apply bandage on the body parts and also name the body part.
- You can also ask your kid to say “cure” when the apply bandage.
- Tell them the bandages cure the bruise and whenever we get hurt we need to ho to the doctor.
- It is a great fine motor practice as peeling the masking tape and placing at the correct position helps to enhance it.
- It helps in cognitive skill as kid is learning to match the patterns
Do try this fun activity, and let us know in comment section. Happy playing..!!